CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Playing Catch Up!

Ok, so it's been forever since I have posted. There have been alot of changes in the past month. First and most importantly, I'm now going to Russia instead of Ukraine. When I began the adoption process, I prayed that God would show me where I was to go, I was torn between Russia and Ukraine. I chose Ukraine because I was familiar with it and because it is where my mom and I had talked about so many times in the past. Well...I chose wrong. God closed that door and pointed me to Moscow city, Russia. Because of this, I had to find an agency. I can't tell you how scared I was to trust an agency. Well, after a week of reading websites, ordering booklets and asking for references..I found Lighthouse Adoption. I talked with Lorien and had an instant connection. She was so helpful and here is the crazy part...she said that because of how far along I was in the paperwork, I should be able to travel within 2 - 4 months!!! I was so excited, had a nervous break-down later, but really excited (thanks Stacey for the moral support! ). The whole time I'm thinking I will be traveling at the end of the year and I had plenty of time to get things in order......now that's out the window. Of course, nothing is set in stone with international adoption, but I at least have to plan for it. Anyway, that's kindof where I am now..waiting to finalize a few documents and make the necessary country changes and then wait for my referral. Anyway, now your all caught up. I'm going to make another post that will explain how Russia works.

0 comments: