CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Blessings flow...

What an incredible day yesterday was. My fundraiser was such a success. It's amazing how God worked in ways I didn't expect. Just over 300 plates were sold, which was not as many as I had originally hoped, but in addition to the plates, I received over $600 in donations!! Added together it was the same amount raised as I had hoped for, plus, if we would have had more plates sold, I wouldn't have had enough food. Maybe one day I will remember that God knows what I need much better than I do! :)
As I stood in my church, for a moment my eyes filled with tears as I looked around and saw so many wonderful people that gave of their time to help me. Many used their gas to deliver plates, some took off work, a couple made sure I got the best savings on everything and some of them barely even knew me but came anyway. I am truly blessed beyond measure!! I also had several friends that worked very hard to sell tickets for me. This fundraiser wouldn't have been a success without every person.Thank you all!

4 comments:

Nichole said...

I am so happy to hear everything went so well for you. Congrats!!

Little Patch of Heaven said...

I am glad it went well.

Tracie Chris and Max said...

Congrats on the successful fundraiser! One step closer!!

Anonymous said...

God is GOOD! Yippee! I am so happy for you that your fundraiser was successful! David and I are very happy to have been a small part of your journey! I can't wait to follow along while you get to your son!!! Boys rock! Just ask my little man, Jack! LOL