CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Hand of God...

I didn't quite know what to title this post because it is not at all what I thought I would be writing. Sorry it took me so long, but it has been a long couple of days. On tuesday morning we went to DOE to get permission to go to the orphanage and meet Sveta. I wasn't nervous like I thought I would be. We went into a small office where there were three ladies sitting. One was the Social Worker in charge. They pulled out the referral page with a picture and some information on it. We talked for a few min, then left to go to the orphanage. Once there, we were carried to a play room where Masha (my interpreter) went over the medical report. Long story short, I decided, based on several factors, that I would not be the right match for this little girl. It broke my heart, but I knew without a doubt it was the right thing to do. Masha then told me about a little boy that she really wanted me to meet. I was extremly hessitant, but finally agreed. We left and went to another orphanage a few minutes away and to sum it all up...I fell in love with this little boy the second I saw him. I can't explain it, but I knew this was the child God wanted me to have. It is so clear that His hand orchestrated many things to bring me face to face with an amazing little 12 month old boy who's name will be Noah Alexey. Little Svetlana will always hold a special place in my heart, for without her, I would have never met my son.

Today I was able to see Noah twice and spend several hours with him. He is such a good little boy. He just turned 12 mths on the 11th of this month and he is full of energy and very alert. I believe that bonding will be very quick. He was born a preemie, but still weighed 6lbs. I can't wait to get him home and fatten him up a little :)

Tomorrow we will go to the notary to have my petition to the court notarized and then in the afternoon I will be able to spend 2 more hours with him. Then Friday morning we will be back on a plane for the long flight home back to the much missed USA. I love my country!!! :)
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

8 comments:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Hi Amy, I just discovered your blog, but I wanted to let you know what I'm sure you'll discover very soon... there's a special bond between a boy and his mom! Plus, they are tons of fun!

Best Wishes and safe travels,
Kim

ERegister said...

Hi Amy, just to say you have been on my mind constantly and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Noah will be a fortunate little boy to have you as his Mom and I do believe he was chosen for you.

Enjoy your last day there and safe travels home.

Love,
Evelyn

Nichole said...

Oh, Amy, it sounds like you have had an emotional few days! I am so happy you were still able to find your child on this trip!! I am excited for you and you are in my prayers.

Sherri & Tim said...

So glad to hear your news!!!!! I have two boys and LOVE having little boys! ENJOY your last days and we'll start praying for a quick court!

Sherri
Another happy Lighthouse family!

Anonymous said...

congrats!!

do you have any boy stuff yet?? :) because i know you were expecting a girl. i might be able to send you some hand-me-downs if you like??

ajoub at satx dot rr.com

Alice :)

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET NOAH!!!!! I'm soo excited for you. You've been in my thoughts & prayers all day & last night. Let me know if you need anything!!

Maryn said...

I would love to help with anything also. Praise the Lord for finding Noah!

Bethany said...

Hi ... I just stumbled upon your blog. :) Although I'm sure it was so hard to leave the little girl, that was part of the grand plan to unite you with your son. I hope you get a court date sooner than later ... maybe we'll be in Moscow at the same time! :)