CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Next stop....Russia

I can't believe it's here! I leave tomorrow!!! I've been packing now for a week. Going over my list, and over it and over it. If there is any question as to how excited (and nervous) I am, then realize it is 2:00 in the morning and I am wide awake. :) Guess I'm getting a head start on loosing lots of sleep!
So here is my agenda. My mom and I will fly out of Raleigh at 12:30, layover in Atlanta and arrive in Moscow at 10:30 their time. That will be about 2am our time. We will be picked up by our driver at the airport, who will be holding a sign with our name on it. How fun..I've always wanted my name on one of those signs :) We will be staying with a host. Hopefully Shasha. He has an apartment and lets adoptive families stay there. I really want him, because I hear he cooks for you alot and I can't wait to try some authentic Russian cuisine. We will be able to relax Sunday and Monday. Probably get to do a little sight seeing. My appointment at DOE is on Tuesday morning. It should be brief. They will go over her medicals with me. Then, depending on the orphanage's schedule, we will go to meet her!!!! yippee. I'm not sure how much time I will get to spend with her that day or the rest of the week for that matter, but I will get to see her everyday. That is really it for this trip. When we are not in the orphanage, we will be traveling the city. This is the best trip to pick up souvenirs since the next trip, my precious "souvenir" will take up all the extra space. Not because she comes with alot of stuff. It's like my mom said, she will come just like she was born, not a stitch of clothing...just a naked little baby:)
I am going to try and post each day. It all depends on where I can get computer access. We will be flying home on Friday and get back to Raleigh on Sat. at 7:00.
Thank you all for your prayers and support. Please pray for our safety in traveling on the plane and in country and that all will go well and Hannah will adjust well to all the changes she is about to go through!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited for you!!!! Have a safe trip I can't wait to hear all about your daughter.

Nichole said...

Wow, it is here!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am so excited for you.

Sherri & Tim said...

YEAH!!!!! I'm so excited for you to meet your daughter! Cannot wait to hear/read more! Enjoy!

Say "HI" to Vlad from Tim & Sherri!

Sherri, Tim, JC, Jacob & Jill
Lighthouse Family

Carolynn and Steve said...

Hi Amy!
Just ran across your blog, and wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your referral and to wish you God speed on your trip---Have a great time! Moscow is an amazing place, with so much to see. I can't wait to hear about your experiences, and know you must be so excited to meet your new kiddo!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to call but I keep getting a busy signal!!! I've tried for 10 minutes now!!!