CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hi from Moscow City

We made it in safe and sound. What a day!! Our flight was really good. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. We stood in line about an hour to have our passports stamped and then saw Vlad holding our sign. We were able to stay with Sasha so Vlad carried us straight there. Vlad is very nice and speaks very good English. Sasha is also very nice and funny but his english is not as good. It was a struggle once Vlad left to communicate but we made it. Sasha was so funny because as he was showing me around the apartment the things I would need to know, he kept saying...come here...you have test! He would show me something and then make me do it again for him....several times. He then walked us to the market a couple blocks away and we bought a few items for the apartment. On the way back he said..."I walk slower" which meant he wanted me to find my way back to the apartment on my own. He just smiled the whole time, but I made it just fine and remembered all the locks, keys, and passcodes it took to get back into his building to boot :) Mom and I have the apartment to ourselves which was very nice of him. It is in walking distance to alot of shops so tomorrow, we will be busy. We ventured out tonight to find the Marriott to get an american map. We decided to have a cup of coffee and relax since we had gotten lost and wandered the streets for about an hour :) She brought us our ticket and we left her money to cover it and guessed on the tip. It seemed a little high to us, but we still aren't familiar with the money here. Jena (another lighthouse family here) called me tonight and when I told her how much it was, she informed me that we just spent about $17 on two cups of coffee (probably only 4oz each) I will say it was the best coffee I have ever had, but it will be the last time I visit the marriott in Moscow!! On a sad note, We found out that a Russian plane crashed yesterday just outside of Moscow. There were over 80 passengers and no survivors. I am so thankful the Lord has had His protective hand over us so far and pray it continues!

It's hard to beleive that my baby girl is somewhere only min. from me. I can hardly wait until Tuesday. We are having a bit of trouble with the phone card right now, so hopefully tomorrow I can get it figured out and make a couple calls. Until then, thanks for the prayers and we will update tomorrow.

6 comments:

Sherri & Tim said...

Congrats, Amy! I remember feeling the same way... my daughter is so close! Cannot wait to follow your journey! Enjoy your time! It's so wonderful to have your mom there to share!

Sherri & Tim (JC, Jacob & Jill too!)

Nichole said...

So happy to hear you made it safe and sound!! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about your first meeting with your daughter!! You and your mom are in my prayers.

Nicole said...

Amy,
Congrats on Tuesday ! What an exciting time! We are also in Moscow and pick up our daughter on Friday! We cannot wait!If you need any help email me. It is nice to know that you are not alone here. You girls have fun!
Nicole
nmsettle@yahoo.com
www.arussianprincess.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Am, HOW EXCITING!!! I remember that feeling! Can't wait to hear more. Blessing to you& your mom!

Anonymous said...

hi,

i'm with LH (just joined a couple weeks ago), and eager to follow your journey!! :)

God Bless!

Tracie Chris and Max said...

So funny how GOD works sometimes! Boys are a blast! I cant wait to see pics! Congrats, and have a safe trip home - and a quick trip back! Tracie