CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Court

Today was the big day! The appointment was suppose to be at 11:30 but the prosecutor was late so I didn't go in until 12:30. That really helped my nerves! It was all actually pretty easy. I stood in the middle of a room on a small platform and answered the questions as the judge asked them. Masha stood next to me and translated everything. Once that was over the orphanage director spoke about Noah and a lady from the social worker's office spoke. The judge then left to make her decision and was back in in under 2 min. After a few more I do's and I understand's, she said that the Moscow City Court officially grants me custody of Noah Alexey Overman. Yipeeeee.
I went to see Noah around 4 and he is doing great. Very happy, smiley boy! We had a great time together. I will go tomorrow to get a ticket for the Metro so I can go to the orphanage alone from here on out! I will probably go about twice a day. That's my day in a nutshell. It was a huge sigh of relief to walk out of those doors knowing that it was official. I can't believe I'm almost to the end of this adoption journey. At least the end of the first part. Now will start the real fun :) I'm off to bed. I'm a walking zombie right now since I have only slept about 5 hours since Friday.

7 comments:

ERegister said...

I am so happy for you. Have a great day tomorrow. Noah is a fortunate little boy, he has a great Mom.

Love,
Evelyn

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Congratulations!!! What an exciting day!!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! :)

Updates on Emelia said...

WA HOO!!!! Noah...welcome!! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to meet him.

Nichole said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy that everything went so well. You made court sound not as scary. Can't wait until we are able to see a pic or your little man!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a huge relief you must feel.

Tamara said...

Congratulations! Yes, shopping with all the Russian packaging is exciting! We somehow managed to do okay but I'm sure it was totally good luck! I love your little boy's name. Blessings to you, your Mom and Noah. I look forward to seeing the rest of your journey.