CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Russia...part 2

I have not kept up with all the happenings lately, but I got my court date finalized last week for tomorrow. We made it safely back to Rusia today. Our flights were great. First flight we had plenty of room because it was an exit seat and an empty seat next to us. The second flight, the attendant at the desk, moved us up to two seats right behind the bulkhead so we had lots of extra leg room. Aside from our bread not coming out in a basket, it was just about as good as first class and a lot cheaper :) Max, our driver flagged us down and seemed very glad to see us. I think he might have been missing one of his pick ups. While he waited, he kept turning around and smiling great big. Maybe he thought we might wonder off??? I then talked with the coordinator for our team and found out my court time is 11:00 ot 11:30. I will be going again at the same time as the other family who was with me last trip, so that should help calm my nerves. It should be relatively short and then off to see my Noah!! There may definitly be a shot of getting him out tomorrow or at least in only a few days. I will know after court but the team is working on it so that was excellent news. I won't be able to stand myself if I get to go pick him up right after court!!!! They have the heat turned on in the apartment this time which is good. This time, I'm actually keeping the windows cracked to keep it cooler. After a hard rain fall this morning, the sun was shining until it set. I think God was just smiling down on us because last time, I barely saw it at all. On another note, mom and I had another shopping adventure tonight. I'm not a big fan of grocery shopping here. We decided to try another brand of milk since I didn't like the last kind. Remind you, everything is in Russian. We also picked up a huge chunk of cheese for crackers and some breakfast rolls that looked like cinamon for tomorrow. When we got back we broke out some good old fashion bannana sandwiches and I went to open the cheese. It was the worst smelling stuff I had ever smelled. I came really close to throwing it out the window!! It stunk up the entire kitchen and living room it was so potent!! My mom stilled braved it and tried a piece even though I warned her I had no idea how to get her to a hospital! She said it wasn't near as bad as it smelled, but I couldn't take it. I think it burned it's odor into my nose because I still smell it. Lets just say, I hate it for the poor soul who picks up the garbage tomorrow! I then went to check out the milk...it looked a little thick...we figured out really quickly that we picked up butter milk. By this point we were both laughing. Last but not least, we discovered our cinnamon rolls, are not cinnamon. Not sure what it is, but nothing a large amount of jelly won't cure. I think the best purchase of the night was the large bottle of Pepsi. I think I'll stick with what I know from here on out!! :)

5 comments:

Nichole said...

So glad to hear you made it safe and sound. Sounds like you have to be in an adventurous spirit to grocery shop in Russia!! Can't wait to hear how Noah is!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're back already for court! That went by really fast. I can't wait to hear how court goes, please post a lot of details about it if possible! Of course if you get custody right away you may be too busy to post. Can't wait to see photos your little boy. Good luck tomorrow!

Updates on Emelia said...

I completely know the feeling of shopping & having NO idea what anything is! Did it in Ukraine getting Emelia!! I'll be praying for tomrrow & awaiting word...Blessings, Stac

findingourdaughter said...

LOL....okay, I already told DH that I would most likely freeze to death in Russia (FL girl here) and now I might starve too, LOL!

Good Luck and God Bless!! Can't wait to hear all about and see pictures of Noah!
Hugs,
Angie

ERegister said...

Dear Amy, I am glad you had a nice trip over. Can't wait to hear about your first visit back with Noah. My thoughts are with you.

Love,

Evelyn