CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Zoo

Today we took Noah to the zoo. It was only about 15 min away by metro and we had no problems getting there. It felt good not having to wander around lost. He loved watching the animals (once we got him to see them) My favorite was the monkeys. Other than that, it was a rather quiet day which is more than I can say for yesterday. Noah showed us that he does have another side. It was not pleasant. I woke up sick, he woke up sicker. My poor mom had to put up with both of us all day. He cried at everything. Eating...sleeping...falling...walking...holding...not holding...you name it, it brought tears..and screams. It's a good thing we had already decided to stay in yesterday, accept for the embarassing trip to the grocery store. I was quite frustrated by the end of the day. Thankfully after some pep-talks from a few people back home, I got over it and slept good. Everyone woke up on the right side of the bed this morning :) He is also almost over his cold. Tomorrow, we are going to try to make it to Red Square if weather permits us. Here are a couple pics from today and a favorite of mine from yesterday !!





This bear was too cool. He would just sit there sticking out his tongue at everyone.




This is the fun we have at bathtime....I don't think the mohawk helped :)





PS..Later on, I'll be posting for some friends that are adopting things that were invaluable to bring on my trip. For now, I have a couple. One would definitly be Helman's Mayo. Haven't seen it in the stores and sandwiches for lunch has been great. Earplugs! The only thing that has helped me sleep. The traffic here is so loud. Most important..a mom that can cook for you. My mom has cooked almost everynight a home cooked meal. A few I think have been inventions, but still good. It's been great, plus having an extra set of hands to hep out with Noah. Thanks Mom!!

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Bring on the tips!! I am all ears!! I have my ear plugs already, so I am set there. Glad you had a good day at the zoo!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things were better today!Noah is cute, even when he is UNHAPPY. Stay safe and come home soon. Love to all three of you.Aunt Ellie

Updates on Emelia said...

Glad to hear your child is just like every other child! I was beginning to wonder! :-) Sorry to hear you all weren't feeling well, but glad you're on the mend. Love the pictures of Noah...keep posting them! Looking forward to talking to you at some point. Oh, and AMEN to bringing a mom that can cook! I was sooo glad to have mine there! Something I couldn't live without was Ambien! 1/4 tablet & slept like a baby & had NO side effects in the morning!

ERegister said...

Hi Amy, hope you all have had a nice weekend exploring and showing Noah all the sights and watching his reaction. Can't wait to see Noah....and ofcourse, you, too. Hello to your Mom.

Love,
Evelyn