CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 2 with Noah

Each day Noah is coming out of his shell more and more. Today he had his first experience with apple sauce and apparently his first with a spoon as well. He caught on very quickly and made it clear to me after he had figured out what was going on, that he could do it himself! Sort-of. We didn't make too much of a mess. He is boogying around like crazy, still falling once in a while. He loves any kind of toy with buttons on them or that makes music or lights up. I've already memorized the music to both of the toys that he plays with here :) I guess that is just the beginning!! He also learned very fast about pushing his toys. One is a little lion I got him that has wheels. He saw me push it toward him and then kept hitting/pushing it back to me. He'd just look up at me like..come on mom..get with it! Looks like he'll be into cars and trains!

I had my first experience today with the metro. Not nearly as difficult as I though it would be. The orphanage stop is 15 min. from the apartment and then another 20 min. walk from there. It doesn't feel as cold as it did last trip, so the walks are really nice. We went to a beautiful lake/park today while Noah was sleeping. It was gorgeous. Lots of trails through the woods with all the fall colored leaves on the ground. Looked like something out of a painting. The interesting part was watching a lady strip down to her birthday suit and jump in the freezing cold lake for a swim right next to the no swimming sign :) Not sure how she handled to cold water, but to each their own I guess! We ate next to the lake at a little place that just appeared out of nowhere. It was a tent set up in the middle of the woods with a few men in it cooking over hot coals. It was like shishcabobs (sp??) of pork and another one of mushrooms. It was sooo good!
Tommorrow I will go see Noah in the afternoon. I can go see him on my own now which is nice. Vlad told me today that I can get him out early, but it will probably be the beginning of next week. Still crossing my fingers for a little earlier, but something better than nothing.

Many of you have not seen Noah yet, so here is a quick video from yesterday.

7 comments:

Keri Ronk said...

Amy, he is so precious! I am so happy for you!

ERegister said...

Amy and Noah, I love the video, that is the sweetest smile and giggle. I am counting the days until we get to meet Noah.

Love to you both,

Evelyn

Nichole said...

Thanks for the video!! His laugh is the best! He is such a cutie.

Barb said...

Cogratulations! It's so good to hear when things go smoothly! He's a real cutie!

Mast said...

He is very cute! Congratulations we are very happy for you! JM

Kelly said...

Adorable...our son was 13 months when we adopted him. Such a fun time...God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! He is absolutely beautiful!

Welcome to the family, little Noah! We love you so much already!

We are so excited for you guys, and we can't wait to see you when you return!

Love, Laura, Neal, Max & Connor