CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Almost American!!

Yep...tomorrow is it. The day that Noah Overman becomes an American Citizen. I take pride in just typing the word American. I was so proud today, as other times in this journey, to say I am a US citizen. I had such joy inside of me to walk up to the US Embassy building today and see The American Flag on the coats of the guards there! One day, I pray my Noah will be just as proud. How blessed I am and how Thankful to live in my country. No matter what is going on or how rough it might get ..I know that God IS still in controll. That will never change!! Therefore I am so glad to bring Noah home tomorrow to the USA!!
I keep pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. I look at him in his crib sleeping and he looks so perfect! I can't beleive that he is finally, officially an Overman. That tommorow we will board a plane..together, to go home to meet his new family and friends. He has no idea what lies ahead, but I know that no matter what his life brings, he will always be very loved and very wanted! This journey has been an adventure to say the least. It is by far the scarriest but most exciting, saddest but happiest, hardest but most rewarding thing I have ever done. I am certainly glad it's almost over, but would do it all again for the same result! There are so many beautiful children here that I have seen. (That would be the saddest part.) I wish they all had homes to go to. Someone to take care of them..especially after seeing how much Noah has "come alive" since getting personal attention. I pray that anyone who has ever had the thought of adopting, for whatever reason, that you would follow through or at least look into it.

Our flight leaves tomorrow at 1:30 and we arive in Raleigh at 10:45pm. Please pray that God will continue to keep us safe and that Noah will be an angel on the flight! :) At least somewhat. Also, that we will quickly get through check in since I changed my tickets and have to finish some things at the airport and that we will breeze through immigration!
Thanks for all the prayers!!! Can't wait to see everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy and Noah! So excited to know you are all coming home tomorrow! Can hardly wait! We'll be praying for a safe and "enjoyable" flight home. Love, Jenny & David

True Story said...

Amy, Congrats -- I will be praying for a safe trip home.
I was just having a 'fell sorry for myself cause I'm still waiting' day. Your words are awesome and thank you for the reminder that God IS in control!
Blessings,
Sandy

Nichole said...

Praying for an uneventful trip home!

Anonymous said...

We are waiting with arms open & big grins on our faces. He'll think we are all really weird (if little ones think such things). He will have more love than he knows what to do with. God's protection be with y'all all the way here and His grace be with you as you teach His little lamb to know Him.
Shirley

Sherri & Tim said...

Amy -- I sobbed all three times we landed on American soil with my kids! It's an amazing journey & I'm so happy for you, Noah & your family. Congratulations! He's a handsome little fellow!

Sherri (Lighthouse Mom)