CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Gotcha Day Noah!!!

What an awesome day! We woke up, after a good night's sleep, finally, to a beautiful day. It was about 53 degrees today and all sun. Vlad picked us up and said this was very unusual for this time especially on the day we were picking up Noah. I say God knew exactly what He was doing. He planned Noah's first day out to be perfect..and it was. We got to the orphanage and the doctor, who I absolutely love, gave us lots of hugs and kisses and said how much she liked us. She said this time she was going to be the one crying because she hated to see us all go. Very sweet!! I signed a few documents granting me permission to take him out early and then they brought him down. All smiles as usual. We had to put on his new clothes and thankfully his 12mth old clothes fit him perfectly. I bundled him up and then we said our goodbyes. I have to say, it was almost a bitter sweet for me. Even though we could not verbally communicate, I will miss the ladies that we saw everyday. I know how much they cared for Noah and part of me felt like I was taking him away. That's just me though. Vlad says they are just used to it and I know they are glad to see him go to his new family. Then we were off to this exciting new world. Noah was soooo alert. He was very pleasant, but very serious. He just stared at everything. It was really neat to watch his little face soaking it all in. After about 10 minutes, he just laid back and started smiling again. Mom and I took him out for his first restaurant experience tonight. He did great. He sat in a high chair next to me and ate everything I gave him. The caregiver said he was not picky. We then walked back to the apartment and he was amazed by all the lights. I'm pretty sure he really enjoys walking around because he started making all kinds of noices. He got his first bath tonight too. He was a little apprehensive about it, but did fine. By the end, he started fussing a little, but as soon as he was out, he was ok. I am so relieved to have him with me. It is a good feeling to know that no one can just come in a take him away again. The rest of our stay should be much better but I still can't wait to get home.

To God be the glory for all His blessings. I am so thankful that He would give me the priviledge and responsibility of taking care of one of His children.


New clothes..




Not sure where my face came from..but Noah looks cute :)








Taking it all in...





Night on the town..





Clean as can be...


4 comments:

Little Patch of Heaven said...

He is so beautiful. I am so happy for you and hope that you get home soon.

ERegister said...

What beautiful smiles...Noah, you will not understand this but there are many people that already love you and are waiting to meet you. I am glad the day was perfect. Have a great time exploring.

Love,
Evelyn

Anonymous said...

We miss you and can't wait to meet that handsome boy of yours!! His smile is so precious, and His laugh is even better. I have laughed and cried as I read your daily entries and watched the videos. You are an awesome mommy and a servant of Jesus. Oh tase and see that the Lord is good. Enjoy your sightseeing. we are praying for safety. love, Kristie

Anonymous said...

Amy,

He is so handsome and I can't wait for you guys to return home so we can meet him! Hope you are enjoying your trip and we all miss you!

love,
Kristin, Jeremy, and Hailey